Sunday, June 2, 2019

Purely Voluntary Society project meta information

This blog has been a bit random so far. I am embarking on a project that will unify at least most of the new entries. I’ve been generating tons of notes on various ideas that are related. I guess if I was well organized and knew what I was doing they would turn into a book outline. But I don’t know what I am doing. So I’m going to start putting out blog entries on a single narrow question each. Each entry will include questions that I’ve left unanswered that I am aware of. Then eventually I will write entries to answer each of those questions. I hope that at some point this network of related ideas will be able to be turned into an outline that makes some sense. But at first it’s going to skip around a lot.

The first questions consider the idea of the social contract. I want to review Heumer's reasons (and some others) for rejecting the conventional social contract justification of state authority. Then I will consider how the social contract idea changes if we apply a stronger version of consent.

As with all my blog posts, in these I am thinking out loud. Please put suggestions, criticisms or corrections in the comments. I will appreciate it.

No comments: