Sunday, April 13, 2014

Modest inquiries

What is the goal? What is the win condition? The lose condition?
Does it work? May I try? How may I contribute?
How can we test it?
What do you want me to do about it?
What alternatives can we think of?
How long have you believed this? What convinced you it's true? How easy was it for you to change your mind?
Why/how do people change their minds? How can we know what is true? Why do people join cults, or believe conspiracy theories? Why do people believe the status quo? 
How can I compensate for my biases? How can I know what they are?
Why should anyone care what I have to say?
How can we improve the world? How do I know that would be an improvement?
What is important to me? Who else thinks so? Who is helping me, and who is holding me back?
What is the next step? What is preventing me from acting?


No comments: